Monday, September 24, 2007

Thanks To ALL

The benefit was a total success. Hey and it's not about the money. There was an enormous outpouring of love and caring. I am posting what my brother read for me at the benefit.

Hello and Welcome,
I am reading this on Lee’s behalf. First and foremost I want to thank Jackie Cullen for coming to me with this idea and generous act and Keith MacDonald for all of his hard work in getting the bands together. I want to recognize Jim Cullen and son Jim and my wife Vicki for all their hard work. Many volunteers and family have given their time and effort also and I say thanks. Many donations have been made and I want to say thanks for that also. I also want to thank each and every one of you for coming and I hope this will be a great day for you too. If you have read the local papers the last week you may know who I am and what really is going on here. For some of you this is a Rockfest and you came to hear your band play. This is a benefit for me and my family to raise money for excessive medical needs due to my ALS disease. One year ago today I could of walked on this stage and read this to you. The disease has robbed me of that ability. It has not robbed me of brainpower or emotions. Today I want all of you to know my cup runneth over. The love and caring here is beyond a normal persons comprehension. I want today to create awareness for this disease and hopefully one day there will be a cure. I also want you to know a portion of the proceeds will be donated to our local ALS chapter, which has helped me in numerous ways. In closing a special thanks to my sister Pam, brother Ray, my Mom Barbara, my wife Vicki, brother-in-laws David, Bob and Doug, sister-in-law Pam, cousins Sharon and Michael for truly showing me what family means.

Thank you and God bless,
Lee Linthicum

1 comment:

stephanie alaine said...

lee, i am just so very glad to read that your benefit was a success!!! i know that my family and i are keeping you in our prayers----your enduring and encouraging spirit is one to be admired!!!! love to you! stephanie tabb (second neice? i'm jackie's cousin...so we're linked in some way/shape/form, haha!)