Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fall is in the air

Hi all ! Feel that cool morning breeze. I love this time of year and the football is in the air -GO REDSKINS ! Well the benefit is Saturday September 22nd and later to Belize for stem cell implants. My wife Vicki, brother Ray and his girlfriend Stephanie will join me. This adventure gives me hope and I know there are no guarantees in life but sometimes you just have to take a shot. I am now visiting my mom and brother Ray for a while and enjoying the Redskin games with them. Moms feeding me lots of pancakes and doing a good job of adding some needed pounds. Go to http://www.starexponent.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=CSE/MGArticle/CSE_MGArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173352782075 to see an article about me in the local newspaper. Well for now you all take care, love Lee

2 comments:

Stump said...

Lee,

Man, where do I begin. When I read the paper on Saturday and saw they were doing a feature on you I couldn't believe it. Then I read the articles the last couple of days with tears streaming down my face. You are an inspiration to all that travail. Your faith is well founded and your reward will be great. I am so proud of you. I am consumed with guilt, though, because I failed to stay in touch with you after we became re-acquainted after many years apart. And to think I live just down the road. Please stay strong and let me know what I can do to help. I'll see you on Saturday at the rock festival. Give Vicki, Erica, and Chad my regards and hug them all. Peace be with you!

Your old drafting buddy,
STUMP (aka: Scott)

Stacey said...

Lee,

Wow, you guys have been really busy! That is so neat that you are able to post these pictures and share with everyone all your great news. I wish I would have known that you had this blog. Everyone is so crazy busy it is hard to keep in touch.

I just want to you know that I am so proud of you, and your courage to speak out. You have become such an inspiration to a lot of people.
When I have bad days and I start feeling like life is just so overwhelming, my heart turns to people like you. You just keep your head up and live life to the fullest. That's what it is about.

You are so blessed to have Jesus beside you and the support of a wonderful family. I know that your faith will take you to great places. "Stay strong and keep smilin" says Uncle Inky :} My thoughts and prayers are with you guys, I will see you later today at the concert!!

Love you all,
Stacey