Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Prayer Quilt

The picture noted prayer quilt holds a special place in my heart. The person standing beside me is Pat Edwards. I first met her through a real estate transaction in 1999. We recently got in touch and I told her about my ALS diagnoses. She has a friend named Eleanor Brown that makes prayer quilts through a ministry at her church. The quilt has strings and people come to the front of the church and pray over the quilt and tie a knot in one of the strings. This quilt has over 100 knots. The prayer note attached was : This Prayer Quilt is for Lee Linthicum, please pray GOD's will be done with my ALS, and that He put a hedge of love and protection around my family. Pat mentioned me to Eleanor and through love and thoughtfulness this quilt was made. Every time I look at it, my soul fills with happiness. My dock is done and by the end of the week my front porch and ramp will be done and that will give me more mobility. All thanks to GOD. Take care, Lee

No comments: